20.4.14

Easter Muffins - Recipe

Happy Easter!!

Every now and then I try to surprise my family with some sweets baked by me. It makes me very happy when somebody smiles because of something that I made. It could be a hand-made greeting card, a gift box, a cupcake..anything. I love making people smile   J

I got this recipe from here and I changed it a little bit. Instead of using a baking tin I used muffin cases and I added some raisins.

I really hope you will try this recipe sometime because it’s so so simple to make and it’s really tasty. 

Here are the ingredients that you will need:

  • 170 g Self Raising Flour
  • 170 g Caster Sugar
  • 110 g Icing Sugar
  • 50 g Raisins
  • 170 g Butter
  • 3 Eggs
  • 1 tsp Baking Powder
  • a pinch of salt
  • 2 Lemons



After you have prepared your ingredients, preheat your oven to 180° Celsius


First you will have to melt the butter with the Caster Sugar on very low heat

                                                                                 












Mix all the dry ingredients together 





When the melted butter and the sugar have cooled down a bit, mix in the lemon zest and the eggs 




Slowly add the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until everything is well combined  

 


Lastly add the raisins  



Pour the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 25-30 minutes



While the muffins are baking, make a lemon syrup by melting the icing sugar with the lemon zest on very low heat 



When the muffins have golden take them out and check if they are done with a toothpick (if the toothpick comes out dry, they are done)



Make a few holes in the muffins with a straw like so



Pour the lemon syrup in the holes that you created with the straw



Put raisins in the muffin holes to make it prettier 



Now taste your creation J  



I really hope my pictures were helpful and that you enjoyed this recipe.
I’m gonna post more recipes soon.


Here are my Easter flowers and a very happy chocolate bunny





Don’t forget to smile today :)


Laura
  

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye